Monday, May 6, 2013

City Wandering





during my two-weeks stay in Puebla I met face to face the adorable Clara, an amazingly talented photographer who I found through the internet a few months ago and of whom I'm fortunate to call my friend. we had a lovely day full of pretty photographs and delicious conversations about everything and anything. we would wander through the streets of Cholula and ask strangers to let us photograph them (which I'm really proud of and could never have done without Clara, due to my terrible shyness). 


I arrived to the pyramid at noon and she was already there waiting for me with a smile on her face. it was one of the first days of spring and the sun caressed our skin and the wind made our hair fly. we climbed the pyramid and sat on a place where we had a great view of the city, buildings and people were little insects to us. we talked for long minutes about whatever crossed our minds, it's curious how a person you had known just for a little time can understand and relate to you so well, while others that know you for years can't.



while we were talking, our eyes spotted a blissful boy who was taking photos of the pyramid, Clara approached him and he told us his name was Max, he is an american artist who travels the world and teaches children from different communities the importance of art. he is an amazing, free-spirited person with jumping curles and easy smile. his work is really inspiring and I'm happy I could photograph him. take a look at his work here.





Max and his camera


Clara looking at Max's drawings


free yourself!


Clara and the pyramid




while we were walking down the street we came across my friend photographer, who was in his car with other two friends of his. Clara and I jumped into the car and went to Ama Poulik's place. he showed us his latest work while his junkie friends joked on the living room. we left and walked to the fields of flowers by his house, spring had made them so full of life and color. we would lie among thousands of deliciously-smelling flowers and take photos of each other.







Ama Poulik and a painting of a nude girl




crazy boys in the living room

























we took photos even after the sun set














we would wander and laugh and take lots of photos and when we worn out of walking we stopped at a lovely coffe shop where we had the most delicious croissants with chocolate and iced tea, it was warm and filled with the comforting sound of conversations and laughter. 



when the night came we said hearty goodbyes, content with the day we had and the people we met. I'm learning to appreciate more the sweet days like this, life is beautiful and everyday I fall deeper in love with it.












a girl I found on the street who let me take her picture









check out Clara's photos of that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment